The Fallacy Hash
The following is a definition of a 128-bit quantity to be known as the fallacy hash.
- Take an argument about mandatory ISP filtering.
- List the fallacies referenced by the argument, in sorted order by their fallacy #
- Prefix each fallacy# with the an indication that the argument is in favour of the fallacy (+) or against it (-)
- Separate the list with commas
- Encode the string as UTF-8
- Take the md5sum hash of the UTF-8 coded string.
The resulting number is the fallacy hash of the argument.
Rhetorically re-hashed arguments can be detected by comparing their fallacy hashes.
Arguments may have to be re-hashed in the sense given here as and when new fallacies are identified.