Please be sure to view the “List Of Fallacies” for a (partially tounge-in-cheek) list of the fallacies that have been presented in the Mandatory ISP-level Filtering debate.
A salacious sample of over 100 fallacies is listed here:
- #10 – The McMenanmin Fallacy: That no price is too high a price to pay, in order to protect the children.
- #13 – The Conroy Fallacy: That if you are against the filter, you are for child pornography
- #18 – The Hamilton Fallacy: That censoring the Internet is just like censoring other media
- #34 –The Rudd Fallacy: That there is a consensus about what porn is and what it is not. See Rule 34.
- #82 – The Hamilton Fallacy of Clueless Consent: That people who allegedly support the filter were fully informed of the issues when they gave that support
- and so on …